Thursday, January 8, 2009

Life So Far

This past fall, we had a lot going on. I love my job and recently received a promotion. I work in the Marketing and Communications department, and there is a lot to communicate. We are building a new hospital, positioning ourselves strategically to be a top ten children's hospital, and working on ensuring the health of children throughout the Mid-South. I plan on being here a long time, and have the best coworkers anyone could ask for. Here is a picture of us at our hospital's groundbreaking in February 2008. We work in an all-girl environment, and it works for us :)



Aside from work, I started graduate school to get my Masters in Communication from the University of Memphis. Going back to school was a big adjustment for me, but I got the hardest class out the way, so I am hoping this semester will be a little better. I have also taken part in a leadership program through 2nd Presbyterian and MPact Memphis called NEXUS (http://www.nexusleaders.org/). So far, the program has been great and I have a wonderful mentor who is teaching me a lot about work and family. I also try to have fun when I can!


Robyn and I in New Orleans for her girls weekend.


Brian has also been busy with work and extra activities. He also likes his job and accounts. He is studying to obtain his CPCU, a commercial insurance designation and was selected to take part in a program called Leadership Academy (http://www.leadershipacademy.org/). He is enjoying that and has a presentation to give to selected members of the City Council this Friday. We both feel fortunate and are enjoying what we have going on at the moment with work and advancing our careers.


We've settled into married life in Memphis and have a lot of great friends here that we spend time with. We have friends from high school and college that live here with us and we get together with them whenever we can.


Meghan, Me and Kate at Molly Fontaine's for Meghan's Bachelorette Party.


Georgia guys at Meghan and Ben's wedding.

Us on Halloween as Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife Beth.



No comments: