Thursday, January 15, 2009
Confirmation
In May, Mallory and Brittany, Brian's two youngest sisters will celebrate their Confirmation. In the Catholic Church, this is the acceptance of the beliefs of the Church and a renewal of your baptismal promises. Each 8th-grader going through Confirmation has to chose a sponsor - someone that will stand beside them at Confirmation and walk them through the journey. Mallory was sweet enough to pick me! Of course, when she asked me I cried. Mallory has been through a lot in her 15 years and I am so thankful that we are close. We'll be going to church together on the 25th and attend a few meetings together. Brian and I have been together over 5 years, and and it's amazing to me how much the two girls have grown up. When we started dating, Mallory was 10 and Brittany was 9. Now as 15- and 14-year-olds, they are experiencing all kinds of new things and it's so much fun for me to watch them grow up. Having had two brothers, I always thought it would be fun to have a sister... so you can imagine how happy I was to start dating
someone with 3! They have matured into beautiful ladies. I can't believe they will be in high school next year. I am especially proud because Brittany will be attending my alma mater St. Benedict for high school. I hope that her experience there will be as great as mine was, and that she will form the lasting friendships that I was able to form. Now maybe if we can get these girls to chose UT over UGA, then Brian would really be jealous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment