Tuesday, February 1, 2011

PRESTON IS HERE!

Preston is here and he is beautiful! We are totally in love. When we get home and get settled, I'll dedicate a post to his birth but here are the highlights for now:

Preston Robert Fields was born January 31, 2011 at 7:59 p.m. He is 6 lb, 15 oz and 20 inches long. He has a full head of blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. He was born via c-section because his mamma could not progress past 6 cm.

Early Sunday morning, I was stepping into the shower and had a very bad fall. I split my ear wide open and got banged up pretty bad. We rushed to the hospital because I knew I was going to need stitches (I ended up with 15 just in my ear!). We were supposed to go home first thing Monday morning, but I started having contractions overnight, so induction was the plan for the Monday. We happily accepted the offer to induce a few days earlier than scheduled and prepared ourselves for the day.

Here are a few pics from his birthday:







Thank you for all the wonderful emails, texts, and phone calls. We cannot wait to show off our sweet P! We are so thankful for a healthy baby boy and fall in love with him more each minute. Can't wait to see what the future holds for our little family!

PS - We'll be here in the hospital until Friday morning. We are taking visitors, but please call BEFORE you come here just to check to see if its a good time. We are trying breastfeeding, and all three of us need rest.

6 comments:

Clementsville: Population of 5! said...

Awww Cami he is SO beautiful!!! So happy for you all!! Praying for your body to heal correctly, I had 2 csections and my first was similar to yours, I was in labor all day and then never dialated past 3 centimeters (you did better than me :) ) So I know how you are feeling, get lost of rest!!! He looks like his Momma!!!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Congrats Cami - he's beautiful!!! Your nursery turned out great as well!

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

Yaaaay! Congrats Cami!!! Glad you are all doing well!

Jocelyn said...

YAY, he's Beautiful! CONGRATS FIELDS FAMILY!

Candice Lynn said...

YAY! HE looks perfect. I had no idea you fell! CAn't wait to meet P!

Mrs. Jansson said...

I'm so happy to hear that both you and Preston are doing well. I'm sorry to hear about your fall and thankful that you (and Preston) were not seriously injured. Congratulations to you and your hubby! What a beautiful baby boy! I can't wait to see more pictures soon.