Last weekend, my mom and I headed to Nashville for my baby shower with my college friends and immediate family. We got there Saturday around dinnertime and immediately went to Home Goods. We do not have one of these amazing stores in Memphis, so we were excited about what we could find for the new house. I got a rug for the family room and two lamps for our master bedroom. Then we went to Joanne's next door to Home Goods to look for fabric to recover my dining room chair seats. Thankfully they were having a sale, and we got all the fabric we needed for $8!
Sunday morning we got up and went to the outlets in Lebanon. Preston racked up. We kind of went a little crazy buying stuff for him, but they have a Carter's outlet, Gymboree outlet, Gap outlet with kids stuff, and a Polo outlet with kids stuff. It was fun to just spend some one-on-one time with my mom.
Then we headed over to Hurt's parents house for the shower. Meg and Hurt through such a sweet shower for me and Preston! Thank you so much girls!
Hurt made the cutest banner ever for the shower. I plan on hanging it over Preston's crib.
The hostesses and me
My mom and me
We played a cute game where they had to guess the size of my belly with a ribbon. My mom and mother-in-law won and guessed it perfectly!

Here they are, very focused :)
It was so great to see so many of my college friends. They got Preston the cutest stuff ever! I know Candice has more pictures of opening gifts and everything, so hopefully I can share those on the blog one day.
From L to R: Adrianne, Natasha, Hurt, Me, Meg, Candice, Jocelyn
Lauren and Amber had to leave early and unfortunately, I didn't get a picture with them!
Marley (Brian's cousin), Mom, Mallory & Brittany (Brian's sisters), Debbie (Brian's mom)
Now to the food! They had quite a spread.... it was awesome! Cute cupcakes with a "P" on them. Meg found the cute toppers :)
Here's the whole spread of food... so much good stuff!
For the centerpiece, they had pretty flowers with the invitation to the shower framed. Hurt painted the cute little magnetic train that has his initials in it.
Cutest favors ever! They got popcorn bags and on the front it says "Cami's about to POP!" I think they found them on Etsy.
It was so great to see everyone and I had such a great time. I got home with all the stuff and Brian helped me take it all out of the car. When I was telling him about it, I kind of got choked up because it just meant so much to me and was so sweet. I am so fortunate to have the friends I have :)
Also, I forgot to post this picture from my work shower. This is the diaper cake Julie made me... how cool is that?

Preston is one very spoiled child :) Thanks everyone for doing all this for our little family. We are really looking forward to meeting him and can't believe he will be here so soon! This Thanksgiving, we have the most to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment