Saturday, November 13, 2010

28 Weeks

Woohoo! Third trimester is here!
Preston is the size of a chinese cabbage... what the heck is a chinese cabbage?


He weighs 2 and a quarter pounds. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she told me he is measuring on track perfectly and his heartbeat was in the 130s. He is still SUPER active and moves constantly. It's a very strange sensation to feel him move... I don't think I'll ever get used to it. This week, the baby has eyelashes and layers of fat are beginning to form on him. We are really hoping for a chunky baby, so grow baby grow!


I am still doing great. This past week I battled a sinus infection and the lymph nodes in the my neck swelled up. You could see it just by looking at me! Thankfully, it was nothing an antibiotic couldn't fix. At my doc appointment, they did the gestational diabetes screening test and thankfully I passed with flying colors! My iron was a bit low, so they told me to take a supplement with my prenatal vitamin every day.

I am continually amazed at the inappropriate questions I get on an almost daily basis. A lot of people told me to prepare for this. It's like people think you can ask pregnant women ANYTHING and it's okay. I mean, I will have random people in the grocery store come up and touch my belly. GROSS - I don't know you. The thing that bothers me the most is when people ask about my weight, mainly how much I have gained so far. I have tried REALLY hard to still eat healthy and I don't snack or anything, mainly because I am only hungry at normal mealtimes. It is HARD (mentally not physically) for me to gain weight - I am a Weight Watchers fanatic and work hard to stay small, so for me, gaining weight has probably been the toughest thing to go through in pregnancy. I hate looking at the scale. So far, I have gained 17 pounds. Apparently, most women gain 11 pounds their last trimester. If I stay on track for that, I will gain 28 pounds. The normal pregnancy weight gain is between 25 and 35 pounds. I really don't want to have to lose a lot after the baby comes. I know gaining weight is what's best for the baby, so I am accepting it, but it isn't easy. If Preston is a big boy, it will make up for it though!

Here I am at 28 weeks!


I'll be heading to Nashville with my mom today for a baby shower with all my Nashville friends. Can't wait!!!!!!!!

No comments: