Brian and I went on our first date December 23, 2003. When I was dating Brian, one of the many reasons I fell in love with him was because I knew he was going to make a great dad one day.
.jpg)
Delta Gamma Anchor Ball
Knoxville, TN 2006
When we got married June 28, 2008 we both knew we wouldn't wait too long before starting a family.

In my mind, I always thought that guys get to decide engagement and tell the girl in a cool, surprising way and girls get to tell guys when they are going to be a father. I always imagined the moment, and I thought I would surprise him by doing something fun one day when that happened for us.
We both wanted to be young(er) parents. After much discussion, number crunching, and deliberation, we decided we would try to start a family. For a little while we just took our chances, not putting pressure on ourselves. I didn't track or chart, and a couple months went by. After talking to my doctor about it, she told me that most couples usually get pregnant after 6 months of trying. So we started trying again, but this time with all the tracking and charting. About two weeks later at 6:30 a.m. on May 27, I took a pregnancy test and BOOM.....
positive?
Or at least, I thought maybe it was positive. I couldn't really tell. Maybe there was a tiny, faint little pink line, but I wasn't sure. "Brian!" I yelled from the bathroom, "I'm kinda freaking out in here." Brian was half awake half asleep and did not respond to my desperate calls. I ran out of the bathroom with my test in hand, shook Brian, and shoved the possibly positive pregnancy test in his face. "Do you see a really faint line there?" Brian - "Uhh, I don't know, maybe, kinda, yea." Then we just stared at each other for a minute. I said "Well, don't get your hopes up or anything, maybe we think we are seeing a line, but really it's nothing. I'm probably not pregnant, just go back to sleep."
We both went to work that day. Of course, all day long I thought about the fact that I might be pregnant. I decided I was going to settle the debate once and for all but stopping at Walgreens on my way home from work and getting one of those PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT tests. When I got home, Brian wasn't home yet, but I went ahead and took the test anyway. Sure enough, the word PREGNANT quickly appeared and there was no denying it.
So, I did what any normal wife would do. Stood in the garage and waited for Brian to come home. As soon as I saw his car pull up in the driveway, I ran to him with the pregnancy proof. Later he told me I completely bombarded him in our garage door area. I guess I was a little shocked, excited, and needed his support.
Even though I had always dreamed of telling him in a fun, creative way, I was too busy freaking out to think straight. I guess it goes to show that nothing is really like you plan it to be! :)
1 comment:
so cute...I can totally see you freaking out, looking out the window, waiting on him to hurry up and get home.
love you and can't wait to see you as a MOMMY!
Post a Comment