After telling Brian, a few weeks went by before our first doctor's appointment. The day of the appointment we were both really nervous. We just wanted to hear a good strong heartbeat.
The nurse called us back to ultrasound. Brian got to sit next to me as I had a vaginal ultrasound... his first real experience in a woman doctor's office and this is what he experiences. I told him to get used to it real quick. This would be nothing compared to what he will eventually see. His concern for me was sweet though haha!
Quickly after the ultrasound begin, we both saw a big beating heart on the screen! I lost it and cried through the whole thing. I had no idea how emotional it was going to be. Brian just kept saying wow over and over again. At that moment, I felt like I became a mom. It was crazy. I will always remember that day.
Here is our baby's first picture at just 6 weeks with a heart rate of 143!

1 comment:
awww, this gave me chills. xo
Post a Comment