Wednesday, July 21, 2010

12 weeks

Well, the first trimester is almost over! Let's see what Baby Fields is up to these days.

He or she is about the size of a lime.

And here is what is going on inside my body. This week, the baby has reflexes. Hands open and close, toes curl. The ears are in place (although they baby won't be able to hear anything for another couple of weeks).


Babycenter.com has all these lovely images you see above. When I first found out I was pregnant, I stalked babycenter.com. No one warned me. It wasn't until I had thoroughly freaked myself out and scarred myself for life when I finally learned that babycenter.com is great for the weekly e-mail updates on how your baby is growing, but other than that.... stay away. And don't even THINK about clicking on any of the "forums" - too many pregnant ladies in one place. They are crazy!

Here is what is going on outside my body. Not much change so far. Just a potbelly.


At my last ultrasound, I found out that my uterus is much further back than in the diagram above. It is actually almost sitting on my tailbone. Because of this, I am in a lot of back pain. Nothing a heating pad on low and a Tylenol can't fix! 12 weeks down, 28 to go.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

have i mentoned i am so happy you're the first one to experience this so we can all have a resource to know what to do one day?? haha--a lime?? that's bigger than i thought!!