Sunday, July 29, 2012

Saying Goodbye & a Haircut

Preston's last day at First Baptist was Friday. I had really been dreading it. We just love that little school and P had the sweetest teachers. I was fine, until I walked in to pick him up and saw two of the after-care teachers crying, then P's teacher crying and I LOST it. After a good ugly cry (in front of parents who were touring the school), we all hugged, exchanged cell phones and emails, and I promised to send updates to them about Preston. One thing that does comfort me is that if we are fortunate enough to have a second child one day, we would choose First Baptist again.

I think what made is so hard is how much he has grown since we've been there. P was 6 months old when he started there last August. He was crawling and breastfed. The transitions they made in that classroom were just incredible. They went from infants to walking/running, talking toddlers who sleep on nap mats and play on the playground. They went from being spoon fed baby food in high chairs, to feeding themselves and sitting at a table together. His teachers have really worked with him on his development and really love him.

We'll also miss the other family. I really grew to love the other kids in his class. My hope is that we create that same kind of "family" at Christ the King. He starts his first day there on August 9, so please be thinking about our family through that transitions. P struggles with any transition right now (part of being a toddler) but I know he will grow to love CTK and we will too.

His teachers wrote P and us the sweetest goodbye letters. I loved coming home and sharing those with Brian.



In other news, P got his first haircut. I have to say, Preston has gorgeous hair. It's a shame he is a boy. It is perfect hair for a little girl, but since people were mistaking him for a girl, we had to cut it. Plus, it was growing down his neck, ears and eyes and was becoming uncomfortable for him in these hot summer days.

He did great during the cut. He barely moved, but then when he was over it, he was OVER IT. She didn't really get as much as I would have liked her to off the back, but P had declared the haircut over. Brian and I took him to my lady Anita who has been cutting my hair for forever. I also got my hair cut that day too - 6 inches off!

Before picture of the front

Before haircut.. the most beautiful curls ever!

See what I mean? That hair is screaming for a bow! 


Last one I promise!

The haircut begins!


"I'm not sure about this...."

"Hey, this is kinda fun!"




After! Enjoying his sucker.

Daddy was proud of him, too.
Now that it's had some time to settle, I love his haircut and I still think he looks adorable.

Talking... his favorite thing to do.

Definitely looks like a big boy now!

Love a good Instagram pic :)


3 comments:

JNoPie said...

His hair really is beautiful!!! So cute!

Julie said...

Cami! He is so beautiful :) I love reading about your struggles and experinces so one day I won't feel crazy.

Natasha said...

i totally just cried reading your goodbye to his first school :(

however, then smiled at the cuteness of that haircut!!

love you