We moved into our house in December of 2010. I was 8 months pregnant. In the 6 months we've been there, we have completed the following projects (on top of becoming parents!):
Preston's nursery (details here)
From this:
To this:
Master bedroom and bath (details here)
From this:
To this:
From this:
To this:
Dining room (post with a breakdown of the room coming soon - I know I am behind on that one! Plus, I still need to hang a few things and put up curtains.)
From this:
To this:
We debated a bit over which room to do next. I wanted the foyer done next because it is the first thing people see when they walk in. It is covered in horrid wallpaper (surprise, surprise) and mustard trim (surprise, surprise). I want the wallpaper taken down and the walls painted a beautiful natural linen color that would coordinate with the dark slate floors. Because the foyer is so large, we have a beautiful marble sideboard that would work perfectly. I want to add a bench with pillows, a mirror, some artwork and family photos. Since we very rarely buy any furniture or accessories from a store - I've got to work at scouring over the usual suspects (estate sales, antique stores and Craigslist) to find just the right mix of old, new and repurposed. We would also add a glass door to our front door for more light. We got a quote from a contractor on removing the wallpaper and painting to include painting the staircase and spindles, as the ceilings are so high this is not a project we feel comfortable doing. The verdict? OUCH. Here's a few pics of our foyer before we moved into our house... it's so dark in there! It still looks like this, minus the furniture.
So who won our friendly debate?
Brian! Bet you thought it was me, considering I'm pretty strong willed :) Wonder who Preston gets that from! What can I say, I am kind of a sucker for my two favorite men. We'll be doing Preston's playroom next, so stayed tuned for updates.
After the playroom is complete, we'll still have the foyer, the office, the guest bedroom, the upstairs bathroom, and the kitchen. Little by little, we're making this house OURS.
3 comments:
Wow! I can't believe how much y'all have done to the house. All of the rooms you've redone look just great! I think the playroom project sounds like a lot of fun and I can't wait to see the finished product!
The house looks amazing! I'm amazed at how much you all have already done! :)
I love your house and your style Cami. My parents bought a house similar in age/style and it took years to make it their own, but that home has soooo much character. I hope that I can do the same one day!
Post a Comment