Monday, June 29, 2009

One year of wedded bliss

I cannot believe we have been married a year. It feels like this was just yesterday....

But a year has gone by. It has really been a great year and I am thankful to have such a great husband. We celebrated this year with a great Italian dinner at Bari Ristorante. This place was incredible! I think it's my new favorite restaurant. It was fun to eat there right after we got back from Italy, because it was truly authentic. We had a nice bottle of Sicilian wine, too.

We were blessed to get cards from friends and family helping us celebrate. It was really a special day. Notice Mallory's hand drawn cards to us in the back :)
Of course we saved the top of our wedding cake and the top of Brian's groom cake - notice the UGA in the pictures below. We were sooo excited to eat our delicious cake.



(In the UGA picture, you may notice a quote written on our frig. The day of our wedding, some of Brian's friends from UGA came over to our house. Our friend Kyle wrote us a little note that I will never erase. It says "As you embark on your marital journey, remember to make a conscious decision to love one another each and every day. Everything else will be cream cheese." I love Kyle.)

Unfortunately, our cakes tasted like cardboard, so we only got a bite out of each. I am thinking maybe we didn't freeze it right, or we let it thaw too long or something. Despite the gross cakes, it was fun to open them up and I know my parents were happy to have them out of their freezer. Those things took up a lot of space!!

As to my present from Brian, I am having a local artist paint a picture of Brother! It isn't ready yet, but will be sometime in August, so I am excited about that. Even if we won't have Bro forever, we'll have this. Not that Bro is going anywhere anytime soon, it's just sentimental. Brian was really sweet and got me a day at the spa :) My parents got us a St. Francis statue for our garden, and Brian's parents got us a gift certificate to Fresh Market, my favorite place, and a bottle of the special wine we had in Italy! They are sneaky for buying that for us and bringing it back.

All in all, it was a great day of celebrating and remembering our wedding. Can't wait for June 28, 2010!


1 comment:

mylittlebecky said...

happy anni! congrats! very cute cake, love the pictures!

ps hello! :)