Thursday, May 14, 2009

Graduations #2

This past week, we watched my brother Joe graduate from the University of Memphis and Brian's sister Brittany graduate 8th grade from St. Louis. Both were really special and we've enjoyed spending so much family time together lately.

Joe's graduation was the Saturday before Mother's Day, so thankfully I was able to spend Mother's Day with my grandmother as well. Joe graduated Saturday afternoon at FedExForum, and afterwards we all went to Majestic Grille downtown. Later that night, Joe had a bunch of friends over to my parents house that night to celebrate. It was lots of fun to see all of his friends - most of which he has grown up with. Joe has already starting working in commercial lending for Triumph Bank here in Memphis and loves it.

The best part about Saturday was the BIG SURPRISE present for Joe. Of course, my creative mom called the boys party to order, and began reading a poem she wrote. As Joe opened his present, he pulled out a big Eiffel Tower. At the end of the poem, my mom revealed the surprise - HE'S GOING WITH US TO ITALY, FRANCE AND SWITZERLAND. He was shocked and it was a great surprise. I am so glad he is going! It will be so fun!

Joe walking across the stage and shaking Dr. Raines' hand. This was him on the jumbotron.


Nannie and Gramps with Joe in front of Majestic Grille.

My brothers Joe and Mark, me and Brian on my parents patio. They have done so much work in their backyard and it looks gorgeous!

Next up was Brittany's graduation last night. It was really sweet! They had Mass at St. Louis, and had a little reception and slideshow afterwards. I cannot believe she is going to high school. It's so crazy! When we met, she was in 2nd grade. In the slideshow, there were so many cute pictures of her with her bright white hair. We are so excited and proud for her as she begins high school at St. Benedict. Good luck, Britt!


Some of Brittany's friends from St. Louis

Brittany and I after graduation


All five of us after graduation.

These graduations are pretty bittersweet for Brian and I as the oldest in our families. It's fun for us to see our little brothers and sisters not be so little anymore.

P.S. - Also, usually I am not this short. They all had on high heels and I had on flats. However, I was shorter than most of the 8th grade class, which is about when I stopped growing. Oh well!

No comments: