Brian and I headed to Knoxville Wednesday night for Shellye's graduation from UTK bright and early Thursday morning. I was excited to go back, not only to see Shellye graduate, but to be back in Knoxville. I had so many fun memories in my four years there. Wednesday night we met up with the Fields at Ye Old Steakhouse for dinner on Chapman Hwy, then went to a few local hangouts. Thursday morning, Shellye graduated from the College of Communication and Information Sciences (same as me!) and her graduation was held in the Thompson-Bowling Arena. I spent many many nights in the TBA when I was a marketing intern for the Lady Vols basketball team. They recently have refurbished it, and it is soo nice! After graduation, we made a stop at Tomatohead for lunch before heading back. A trip to Knoxville is not complete without Tomatohead. It was a great couple days and we are so proud of Shellye!
Ye Old Steakhouse has a lot of great quotes written on the back of their chairs. I thought this one was fitting for the moment!
The Fields
Shellye and Dr. Haas - he was my advisor too!
Brian and I at Tomatohead - so delicious! Sitting outside of course.
We quickly left Knoxville Thursday to get back for my graduation from NEXUS. It has been an awesome experience and I would recommend it to anyone. Below is a picture of my NEXUS mentor Dana and me after our graduation from the program. She was a great mentor and we learned a lot from each other. I'm glad she will be doing it again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment