Our first 24-hour, projectile vomiting, stomach bug. Our 13-month-old woke up from a dead sleep to a vomit soaked crib in a matter of seconds last night.
Prior to that, over the weekend, he had been acting kind of wimpy, and was running a fever off and on. I should have known something was up. I was thinking... molars? ear infection? Well, it all came to a head last night and it was terrible.
Friday night, Preston was playing hard in the playroom. Out of nowhere, and about 30 minutes before his bedtime, he walks over to Brian laying on the floor, and he puts his head on Brian's knees and falls asleep. If you know Preston, you know that he has only EVER slept in two places - a crib and the car seat. I see people posting these pictures of their sleeping baby on Facebook on couches, the floor, the johnny jump-up, the walker, etc. Forget it, P won't even sleep in our bed! So, the fact that he did this was very weird, thus making it picture-worthy.
Here are a few pics I got of him and his daddy on Saturday. He was off and on that day, but had a rough night. Which means, we had a rough night.
Then last night came. Three loads of laundry later, I think it's passed. I have to say, I am so thankful for Brian. He mopped the kitchen floors, did all the laundry, and Preston threw up on him at midnight last night when he was trying to save the pack-n-play from the same peril as the crib endured just an hour earlier. He seems to have a better tolerance for puke than I do (I am one of those people that sees/hears it, and I immediately get sick), so he really took one for the team. Don't get me wrong, I was still washing it from my son's face, hands and clothes, but he handled the tough stuff.
Sometimes my friends at work and I have talked about how, before you get married, you should really talk about things like this BEFORE you get engaged so that by the time you have kids, you know if you really can work as a team. :)
I stayed home with P today. He slept a lot, so I was able to get a lot of work done, but I was also able to take some pics of him playing after his afternoon nap. He finally started to perk up and wanted some Cheerios.
| He loves to cram as many Cheerios into his mouth as possible. |
I look at these pictures and I can tell he doesn't feel good. Poor guy. But I have to admit, I love the extra snuggles that sickness brings. There is always a silver lining. That, and Brian and I can now say we have experienced projectile vomit at midnight :)




6 comments:
Poor little guy. I remember when Macy had the same thing at his age, and my sister feeling so helpless. I am glad he is feeling better!
I'm not sure which is worse - not knowing what's about to happen until it's too late or the fact that it ALWAYS seems to happen in the middle of the night. Either way, I'm sorry you were introduced to the midnight puke and I'm glad he's feeling better.
oh poor P...this just breaks my heart for him and for you and Brian!! get to feeling better soon little man--we're thinking about you
Oh my gosh I am just going to die when we reach this "milestone." So glad P is feeling better!
Oh gosh, sounds awful! Case and James had it a while back, but didn't last long. It was Case's first time. Don't know how we escaped it for so long. Can't believe you and Brian didn't get it!
Poor little P! I remember that night too so sad. I am glad he is feeling better and hope he recovers fully soon!
Post a Comment