First, I can't post without a picture of the little man.
He is so DIRTY these days. I just bought a 3rd container of Zout for him since this summer. I found that Zout works the best for getting out all the nasty stains on his clothes, and using All Baby for the detergent. We do so much laundry around here. So exciting, I know!
This might be weird, but I just realized that as of this week, Preston has been here longer than he was in my belly! I was pregnant with him for 39 weeks and 2 days. He's been here a little longer than that. I don't know why that makes me happy. I guess it's a weird mom thing.
P and I went for his 9 month check-up. I had to strip him down to his diaper, and I really saw how chunky he has gotten!
Ignore my over excitement. I was trying to get him to smile, but it wasn't working. I think he knew the flu shoot was coming.
A few weeks ago, Brian and I went to the Ole Miss/Georgia game down in Oxford, MS. It was a noon game, so P stayed with my parents for the day. Oxford is great, because it's a short drive from Memphis, so we quickly went down and came back. It was nice to get away for the day, and we were so glad Georgia won! My home is much happier when Georgia is winning. Plus, it was a beautiful day outside, so we enjoyed being out and about.
A few weeks ago, we celebrated Brian's 10 year high school reunion. Because we knew each other in high school, the reunion was like a reunion for me too! They had a weekend full of events that Brian helped plan.
They had a Saturday night party at Earnestine and Hazel's. We rarely go there anymore, so that was pretty cool.
Last weekend, my best friend in high school's brother had an engagement party in Memphis, since they are getting married in Philadelphia. We had such a nice time, and loved all the Indian food. My sweet parents were invited, too!
| Mom and Me |
| Alka, Mom, Me, and Raina |
![]() |
| Mom and Dad |
On the house front, we are still thinking over the foyer, since the playroom is pretty close to being finished. We've gotten two quotes now, and are thinking about pulling the trigger on one of them. One exciting development is our family room. It was in decent shape before we moved in, but we've made some minor improvements. We decided to mount our TV over our fireplace, but it left us with a major cord issue. They have been everywhere since we moved in! I finally found a cabinet at one of my favorite places on earth, Sheffield Antiques, for a steal, that really hides the cords for us. I am so happy with it. Here it is...
My phone took a terrible picture, but it hides all the cords nicely and it's a really cute distressed blue color that matches. I should take some pics of our family room, because even though we didn't do any major work, it has come a long way since we moved in.
Speaking of moving in, we have almost lived in our house a year. We moved in the week after Thanksgiving. Hard to believe it has been a year already. What a year!
One last pic of the little man during nap time.... he is such a sweetie. He pulled his blanket up over himself and his sheep. Love that child!


No comments:
Post a Comment