Thursday, October 20, 2011

Randoms

Someone found a pen and thought writing on his face would be fun.

Check out that left eye
And we got his school picture proofs back....


Funny, because he is so smiley, but of course, gave two weird faces for pics. :)

We now have the world's happiest baby - a FAR cry from P's first few months of life. Gosh we are blessed.

Still only two teeth... maybe he'll get more one day :)
In other news, Preston has stocked up on some fall and winter clothing thanks to sales at Target, Gap Kids and Old Navy. They look like big kid clothes. Not many onesies for this kid anymore.

little man
Preston is now easily standing and his balance has gotten so much better. He lets go and stands there holding onto nothing for a minute or two. Sometimes, he bends down and picks things up, and stands back up again. A couple days ago at school, P was standing on his own and pivoted, so that he turned around. He didn't even fall down! His teacher didn't classify it as "first steps" since he didn't pick up his feet, just pivoted on the balls of them, but I know we are very close. His teacher swears he will be running by Christmas. I just can't believe that.

waving hello! and standing on his own
Brian informed me that since P will be walking soon, that means he'll be a toddler. I almost died. I am happy he is a happy, growing baby, but a toddler?! That is way too big.

loves the laptop
Oh, and since I use my blog to document stuff, I have to share this sweet story. On Monday, P and I beat Brian home. We were walking out to the mailbox to get the mail and Brian pulled up in the driveway. I told Preston, "Wave hello to daddy!" and he picked up his little hand, and gave the sweetest, most perfect wave possible. I am pretty sure Brian and I were on the borderline of crying, because it was the cutest thing we had ever seen! We were smiling ear to ear the rest of the night. You would think Preston had cured cancer after the way we acted!


Preston was playing very hard recently, and he fell asleep while I was giving him his bottle. That never happens, so daddy took a pic. I think he only slept for about 15 minutes, but since he NEVER stops moving, it was a sweet moment.


Terrible of me, but precious of Mr. P.

We've got a fun little weekend ahead of us. I have to work some, but we plan on heading down to RiverArtsFest (we've been every year since it opened) and maybe do a little more work on the house... surprise, surprise. :)

Are you sensing a theme with ponytails, long sleeve shirts, leggings and Uggs? It's my uniform at home. 
 Our little family is enjoying the new playroom. It was quite a project. I'll post on that soon!

1 comment:

Annie said...

your little guy is too cute!!! i totally know how you feel about pics....our cullen is super smiley and the second it comes to taking "good pictures" he is all serious!
totally jealous ya'll are going to have a playroom! how fun!! our playroom is our living room...same place we eat, play and hang out all day! haha!
i might also have to say i'm a little jealous of your "uniform" i am with you on living in the leggings, just wish my hair could pull back into a ponytail! haha!! darn short hair...
hope you are all having a great week!!