Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Super Fun Weekend

We had the most fun weekend ever. Friday night, Preston had some visitors come. Natasha (who is a famous blogger) and Meg came from Nashville. We went to college together. I lived with Natasha senior year in Jefferson Park - so fun! - and I lived with Meg in our sorority dorm, Massey Hall, on the Delta Gamma floor. We were all DGs together. We have so many fun memories from college and now that all of us are grown up, married, and having kids eventually, it's great to be able to spend a night together catching up!

When they got here, P was already sleeping, so the girls headed to Beauty Shop. I had my bridesmaids luncheon there and I love it. Brian is not a fan, so I have to find people to go with me! They had a blast though. Saturday morning, P woke us all up early ;).

Can I just tell you how much I love his huge toy broccoli? I am going to force it on him as his favorite toy so that he will take it everywhere with him. I mean, it's just awesome. Natasha and Meg were so sweet to bring P some little gifts. Meg brought him a little dump truck and Natasha brought a sweet bedtime book and the cutest little shirt for fall. Cool boys clothes can sometimes be hard to come by, so we love that.

His pulling up is getting better and better. And he crawls SO FAST.

P went down for a nap and we all got ready to go head downtown. We ate lunch at the Arcade on S. Main.

Then we walked to Beale Street. It was nice outside, so we stopped at the Lorraine Motel where MLK was killed. Meg and Natasha enjoyed our little touristy trip of Memphis. P did too! It was his first time on South Main and on Beale Street. Daddy was proud!

Meg and Natasha also learned that strollers are great for purse storage.

We went to the Peabody Hotel (Natasha has been there - haha!), saw the ducks and headed to the roof. Perfect photo opp for P and his new friends :)

He loved these girls, and they were so great with him! They were on the floor playing with him, and even serenaded him to the Little Mermaid on the car ride home from downtown. P loved it and Meg promised him a recording of them singing more songs. Haha!

They headed back home to their husbands, and P enjoyed playing with one of the bags his presents were in.

I love this pic, because Brian does the EXACT same face when concentrating on something. So funny!

Shortly after this, we headed to our next door neighbor's house for Case's 3rd birthday party. They were so sweet to invite us! They moved in shortly after we did, and they also have a little girl who is just two months younger than Preston. How great is that?! Emery is an absolute DOLL. I need to get pictures of the two of them together.

So, P hadn't had his usual afternoon nap and he ended up passing out in Daddy's arms. He hasn't done that since he was really little! We must have really worn him out.

They got this awesome slide for Case's party. It was cute though - Case was scared to go down it, so all the other kids enjoyed it. Eventually, he did go down a couple times, but only with his dad. Case is such a cutie! The cake was from Miss Muffn's in Germantown and I LOVE their cakes. Their strawberry is one of my absolute favorites!

Blowing out the candle!!

Preston thoroughly enjoyed all of Case and Emery's toys. They had this great little table with stuff on top that P liked to pull up on and play on. They also had a really cool tunnel he could crawl through. But the best toy of all was a plastic water bottle. So typical!

Preston and daddy enjoying themselves.

Sunday, Brian had his Fantasy Football draft. He is the commissioner of their league, and the guys love doing it, so I sent some dip with him and they headed over to Robert's house (P's godfather) for the draft. P and I stayed home and played and did laundry. All in all, it was an AWESOME family weekend together!

No comments: