The baby is the size of a large naval orange!

For some reason, time seems to be going quicker these days. I have my energy back, I can eat anything, and I am finally starting to feel like the old Cami again :) So far, I am really liking the second trimester. I seriously feel like a new person after all that first trimester nonsense. I am also sporting a noticeable little baby bump! So fun! This week the baby's eyelids are still fused shut, but it can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at my belly, the baby will move away from the light. It's arms and legs are busy growing, and it's moving like crazy!

I went to the doctor on Thursday. Everything is going great! I've copied and pasted an email my husband wrote to his mom after the doc appt. So sweet, but also sooo Brian!
Mom,
Just a quick note… I tried to call your cell and thought this would be easier than leaving a long voice message…...
We went to the OBGYN this morning for our monthly appt. Everything went fine. I was glad to get to meet the Dr. She is really friendly and seems very knowledgeable. The baby's heart rate was 150 beats per minute (normal - about twice as fast as mom's 77 bpm). For this reason, she could not do an ultrasound because it wasn't warranted (despite Cami's attempts to beg her). We will have to wait until next month (20 wks) to find out gender with that ultrasound. Our next appt. is 9/16. We are going to another Dr. on 9/20 for a fetal echo to check out the heart and other vital organs more in depth.
I'll provide more info on the fetal echo later.... although, nothing to be alarmed about. Not included in the email was the fact that the baby is LOW. The doctor had to move around the doppler a lot until she finally found our little one pretty far below my belly button. I'm hoping he/she moves up so I can have a cute baby bump and not a freakish one :)
In the meantime, here I am!

15 down, 25 to go!
3 comments:
Sounds like it might be a little boy =)
Low heart rates sounds like maybe a sweet boy? :) So excited for y'all!
I am carrying the baby low too.... another sign of a boy? Who knows!
Post a Comment